March 2, 2010
February 4, 2010
Ghost Chili Software has just released Home Brew Calculators Version 1.5.5. This version now includes:
- Globally selectable Unit Preferences for US and Metric
- Option to E-Mail Calculation Results from most calculators
Included Calculators and Tools:
- Attenuation: Calculates Apparent Attenuation, Actual Attenuation, ABW%, and ABV%. This new version also takes into consideration the temperature at which the readings were taken.
- Bottle Packaging: Helps the home brewer calculate how many bottles of various sizes they will need to package their delicious home brew. This new version also adds a custom field to add bottles of your own size!
- Boil Timer: Helps the home brewer time their boils on brew day. This new version allows saving favorite hop schedules to load during brew day.
- Carbonation: Determine the proper amount of priming sugar to use when bottling your beer. Also provides kegging line pressure for those that keg their home brew.
- Hop Bitterness: Calculate the HBU's and IBU's a specific hop will provide based on alpha acid, wort gravity, and boil time.
- SRM Color: Use to determine the SRM of your Home Brew or enter your own values to see what color a specific SRM will provide.
- Strike Temp: This new feature calculates the temperature that the strike water needs to be to raise your mash to a specified temperature.
- Yeast Pitching: Calculates the proper amount of yeast to pitch when making a batch of home brew. You can select liquid or dry and specify the production date, starting gravity, and volume of beer.
December 25, 2009
We have recently updated Home Brew Calculators to Version 1.3.1 which now includes the following calculators:
Home Brew Calculators is the perfect companion for the home brewed beer maker! Use these calculators and tools when you are selecting ingredients, during brewing, or enjoying a delicious homebrew!
December 17, 2009
Version 1.0.0 of Home Brew Calculators is now available for purchase in the Android Market. The following calculators are available:
- Hop Bitterness
- Yeast Pitching